Beginners SEO Training Course - London, South East, Midlands, South West
Our bespoke 1 day beginners SEO training course is aimed at website administrators wishing to acquire a sound basic knowledge of search engine optimisation techniques through introductory training.
Basic SEO courses are run "in-house" at your company premises or at a well appointed Newbury training venue.
Little previous knowledge of web design or HTML is required, as our SEO courses simplify each topic by providing practical hands-on examples as an introduction to SEO.
KSL Consulting's beginner SEO training courses are designed to provide a fantastic overview of SEO basics at an introductory to intermediate level.
To maximise relevance to your business, SEO course materials are bespoke; tailored around the needs of the delegates and the client's website. Read some client testimonials.
Introductory SEO Course Outline
Topics covered in the introductory SEO training course typically include:
- Understanding how search engines index and rank pages
- Top 6 positive search engine ranking factors
- Search engine ranking hindrances
- Common SEO mistakes and how to avoid them
- How to avoid search engine penalties
- The importance of website search engine accessibility
- Why usability improvements and good website design is important alongside SEO
- How social media marketing can be combined with SEO for greater benefits
- How to prepare and submit an XML sitemap to Google and the benefits
- How to structure and optimise your website's internal navigation system (text links)
- What is on-page SEO?
- Introduction to keyword research, selection and targeting
- How to improve content quality and depth including optimising existing website copy
- How to optimise Page Title Tags and Meta tags and their importance in improving ranking and click-through
- How to analyse and improve website performance using free SEO tools like Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- The SEO benefits of correctly using page headings (H1-H6 tags) and image ALT tags
- How to identify and deal with duplicate content
Link Building and Off-Page SEO
- What is off-page SEO?
- How search engines analyse and place value on links to your site from other domains
- What is link anchor text and how do search engines use it?
- How to research your competitor's strongest links
- How to start a simple but effective link building campaign
- Understanding the risks involved in link building
- How to use Google to find sites which might link to you
- How to manage a simple SEO campaign
- The best free SEO tools and how to use them
- Benchmarking SEO results and ranking improvements
- Introduction to Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools reporting
- How to keep up to date with search engine algorithm changes
- Recommended books on improving website conversion, web design and SEO
- Top tips to help improve ranking of your website (based on KSL Consulting's audit)
Excellent. Learnt a lot; will be very helpful.
Anna Scordos, Editor
Palladian Publications, Farnham, Surrey
Very informative. The [SEO course] has provided a lot of info I was previously unclear on. Very helpful, thanks!
Joe Quinlan, Head of IT
Fire Safety Solutions South, Portsmouth, Hampshire
More Testimonials >
Introductory SEO Training Prices
The price for our in-house beginners SEO course starts at £550 excluding VAT and travel expenses - for two people, making it great value. Up to ten course delegates can be trained at extra cost. A Newbury training venue can also be offered subject to an additional booking fee.
Where we Work
SEO Basics Courses are typically run within a 100 mile radius of Newbury, Berkshire at your company premises. Alternatively we can run courses at a Newbury training venue for a small additional fee.
Being based in central southern England, we provide search engine optimisation training to companies in the following UK counties, towns and cities:
- South East
- East Anglia
- East Midlands
- West Midlands
- South Wales
- South West
- Milton Keynes
We can also offer basic SEO training in other parts of the UK - so please contact us for more information. Please note that we do not currently offer public courses.
Written by Steve Larkins.