Advanced SEO Training Course - London, South East, Midlands, South West
Our 1 day advanced SEO training course is tailored to the search engine marketing (SEM) needs of the client and the website/s to be promoted. Some previous knowledge of SEO is required.
Read some of our client testimonials.
A typical one day advanced SEO course includes a number of comprehensive modules packed full of SEO tips and best practice, including the latest natural link building techniques to help you acquire quality, relevant links to your site.
KSL's advanced SEO courses provide a clear list of actions and priorities to help steer your internet marketing efforts. Please contact us to discuss any specific SEM training requirements.
Each SEO training course delegate receives a comprehensive colour workbook, which includes recommended follow-up reading to further their internet marketing training.
The advanced search engine optimisation course is bespoke and highly relevant with fun practical exercises included to teach search engine marketing best practice.
We also offer a beginners SEO course covering search engine optimisation basics at an introductory level.
Advanced SEO Training Prices
Advanced SEO training starts from just £650 plus VAT for our 1 day course, plus travel expenses. This price is for up 1-2 course delegates - making it highly cost effective.
In-house training is normally offered at your company offices or alternatively we can run SEO training courses at our Greenham Business Park Venue (subject to an additional venue booking fee). Up to 10 delegates can be trained for a small additional fee per delegate.
KSL's Internet marketing training is facilitated by a highly experienced search engine marketing consultant, who has held senior positions in the web industry and is considered to be a Google SEO expert.
Advanced SEO Course Outline
- Summary of the UK search market
- What is search engine optimisation?
- How major search engines rank websites
- The top 5 search engine ranking factors
- How to interpret the search engine results
- Overview of the processes and concepts behind search engine optimisation
- What to expect from an SEO campaign
- Principles and importance of the Google Page Rank system
- Important developments in major search engines
- How search engines detect and handle spam
- Top SEO myths revealed
- Common SEO mistakes
- What is Black Hat SEO?
- Setting realistic goals and timescales for SEO campaigns
Web Design for SEO
- Creating a search engine friendly website
- Understanding website usability and accessibility
- Identifying areas for improvement (includes SEO review of existing site/s)
- Improving content quality
- Improving conversion with good page layout
- How to emphasise your unique selling points
- Website code standards compliance
- The importance of website load times to search engine ranking (new)
- Finding broken links
- Avoiding domain canonicalisation and duplicate domains
Content SEO Techniques
- Best keyword research and selection tools
- Competitor keyword research tactics
- Adding niche industry terms into your search engine optimisation strategy
- Understanding search volumes ('Broad' versus 'Exact' keyword match)
- Checking keyword competition
- Long tail keywords - what they are and how to select and use them
- The relative importance of Meta tags, titles, headings (H1 - H6 tags) and body text
- Improving SEO by using background images with text overlay
- Correct use of image ALT tags
- SEO copywriting techniques
- Identifying underexploited niches for developing new content
- Improving page focus
- Effective use of internal text links
- How to manage page redirects and avoid 404 errors
- Duplicate content, the problems it causes and how to spot it
- Benefits and limitations of Content Management Systems
Google Webmaster Tools & Analytics
- Understanding Google Webmaster Guidelines
- Overview of Google Webmaster Tools and functionality
- Google sitemaps, how to create and submit an XML sitemap
- Website geographic targeting
- Using Google Analytics
- Carrying out a simple website 'health check' using Google Analytics
- How Google Analytics can fine tune your SEO and PPC campaigns
- Understanding your website traffic sources
- Utilising the Google Toolbar
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Top search engine ranking factors
- Assessing keyword ranking changes
- Web Server and hosting considerations
- Best SEM techniques for new domains
Google SEO Tips
- Overcoming Google indexing problems
- How to utilise Google Places and Local Search
- How online citations benefit Google Local listings
- Utilising Google Advanced Search Operators to find potential link partners
- Removing unwanted content from the Google index
Off-Site Optimisation Techniques
- Advanced link building techniques
- How to run a successful link building campaign
- How to make 'link approaches' avoiding common pitfalls
- Researching your competitors for link opportunities using free tools
- The benefits of Mozilla Firefox SEO / SEM Add-Ons
- Best methods for acquiring quality links
- Utilising Google Advanced Search techniques to find link opportunities
- Paid links and Google's Webmaster Guidelines
- What is anchor text?
- Benefits of sensible anchor text optimisation
- How to identify a quality link versus a bad link
- How to check a page is Google indexed
- What is deep linking and what benefits does it offer?
- Link management techniques
Web Marketing Tips
- Identifying good versus bad web directories
- How to manage web directory submissions
- How much to pay for web directory listings
- Writing articles and making article submissions
- PR sites for press releases
- Video marketing introduction
- What is link bait?
- Ethical use of do-follow forums
- Blogging and blogs
- Encouraging Social Media references and becoming part of the Social Networking revolution
- How to set up a LinkedIn company profile
- How to set up a Facebook company profile
Avoiding a Google Penalty
- What are bad neighbourhoods?
- Identifying link farms and link networks
- What is link spam?
- Known triggers for Google penalties
- Hidden text and content
- Keyword stuffing
- Recent Google anti-spam measures
SEO Latest Developments
- Overview of the Google Panda update and how to avoid traffic loss
- The best free SEO tools
- Google +1 (Plus One)
- Where to seek SEO advice and help
SEO Campaign Planning
- Setting SEO priorities
- identifying 'quick wins' for improved keyword ranking
For pricing and availability of our advanced SEO training course call KSL Consulting on +44 (0) 845 224 3971 or
contact us for a quote.
Where we Work
We run in-house SEO training courses for UK companies in the following locations in England and Wales:
- South East
- East Anglia
- East Midlands
- West Midlands
- South Wales
- South West
- Milton Keynes
We also offer search engine optimisation training in other locations - so please contact us to enquire if your particular UK town and city is not listed. In general, we only offer SEO training within about a 150 mile radius of Newbury, west Berkshire.
Please note that we do not currently offer public SEO training courses.
Written by Steve Larkins.